- What is this document?
- What is Goldmember?
- Who is Spaaza?
- What information do you request about me?
- What is my information used for?
- What information about me do you store?
- How is information about me stored?
- Who do you share my information with?
- How do I delete information you store about me?
What is this document?
This document containts the terms and conditions of use for the Men at Work Goldmember service provided by Spaaza Technologies B.V. on behalf of Men at Work EU B.V.. In this document we (Spaaza) describe how we use and take care of data you (the user of our service) supply to us. To make this document simple and less full of complicated legal terms, we've written it as a series of questions you might want to ask us about how we use your data, and have supplied answers to those questions.
What is Men at Work Goldmember?
Men at Work Goldmember is a loyalty service provided by Spaaza Technologies B.V. (just known as "Spaaza" or "us" from now on in this document) on behalf of Men at Work EU B.V.. Goldmember uses your Facebook or email login details and some personal information to provide a savings-based loyalty programme, generate personally-tailored prices for products, and allows you to follow Men at Work and Goldmember and optionally subscribe to updates and offers from them.
Men at Work Goldmember works by adding an amount to your Goldmember rewards balance every time you purchase qualifying items. You can then redeem part or all of your Goldmember rewards balance on further purchases at Men at Work. Your Goldmember rewards balance expires if no further purchases are made for a period of one calendar year.
Who is Spaaza?
Spaaza Technologies B.V. is a limited liability company based in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We provide services such as the
Men at Work Goldmember platform to shops to help them offer a good
service to you, their customer. We're a small company staffed by
people who care a lot about technology and the future of shopping.
You can find out more about Spaaza on our webpage and our Facebook page.
What information do you request about me?
At the time of writing, it's only possible to register for Goldmember using and email address or your Facebook login. If you register with Facebook, during the registration process, we request access to the following information from your Facebook account:
- Basic information - a limited set of information such as your first and last names, your Facebook ID number, your locale (your preferred language on Facebook) and your gender.
- Email address - your email address
- Birthday - your date of birth (assuming you have added this to Facebook)
- Likes - items you have liked on Facebook including posts, pages and other websites and apps.
You can find out more about login information over on Facebook's Login page. At any point it's possible to revoke our access to your Facebook login information by going to your Facebook account, going to your account settings, selecting "Apps" and then editing or deleting the "Men at Work" app.
If you register with an email address, during the registration process, we request the following information from you:
- Name - in order to be able to address you by your first name.
- Email address - your email address in order to be able to email you updates about the service
- Birthday - your date of birth
Cookies are identifiers that we store on your computer via your browser. They let us recognise you and your browser from page to page and from visit to visit. They also tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. The cookies we set do not store any personal information, and we do not combine any general information collected through cookies with the other information we store about you.
What is my information used for?
The information you allow us to access is used for the following purposes:
- To register a Goldmember account for you - when you first log in to Men at Work, an account is created and your first name, last name (and Facebook ID in the case of a Facebook registration) are recorded as part of the account details.
- To generate personalised prices and vouchers in a shop - one of Goldmember's main features is the ability to generate a personalised price based on the information we have on record about you. For instance, if you already like a shop's Facebook page, this may grant you access to a different price than a shopper who doesn't.
- To generate anonymised shopping data - one of the benefits of Goldmember for shops is that they get to see some information about how their products are the kind of person shopping in their shop and the kind of person who's buying. Your data is used to add to this information. In this case your information is never used in a way which could identify you personally, and is always used as part of a group or aggregated approach. An example of this might be when we provide a shop information such as "117 people who like your Facebook page bought product X in January".
What information about me do you store?
The personal information we store about you is your first name, last name, email address, gender, Facebook likes, locale and your date of birth. For Facebook users, any other information we have requested access is stored by Facebook or other third parties and accessed on a case-by-case basis.
How is information about me stored?
Spaaza is a company based in the Netherlands and we make use of so called "cloud-based" distributed network and computing infrastructure in the Netherlands and in other European countries such as Germany and the United Kingdom. Each of our servers in our cloud-based infrastructure is highly secure, firewalled from equipment belonging to other companies and the rest of the internet, and stores information such as passwords in an encrypted format.
The information we hold about you, and any other information we hold, is subject to the laws of the country in which your information is held, to the laws of The Netherlands as this is where our company is based, and to the laws of the country in which our retail partner operates.
Who do you share my information with?
We do not share any personally-identifiable information with any third parties except Men at Work stores unless you explicitly permit us to do so. For example, if you are using Goldmember in a Men at Work store and scan a product, we do not share any of your personal information with other companies unless you see a question on screen asking a question such as "Brand X would like to have access to your email address so they can send you emails about future products they have in stock. Do you agree to provide your email address to them?"
We also do not share any personally-identifiable information with other companies or individuals such as brands, marketing agencies or partner companies.
The only exception in this case is law enforcement agencies. When we are required to do so by the laws of the country in which we are operating, we fulfill law enforcement requests for access to information about our users.
How do I delete information you store about me?
As most of the information we use is retrieved from Facebook (or during the email registration process), we hold little personally-identifiable information on our servers.
At any point it's possible to revoke our access to your Facebook login information by going to your Facebook account, going to your account settings, selecting "Apps" and then editing or deleting the "Men at Work Goldmember" app. Should you wish to have any remaining data deleted by Spaaza, please get in touch with us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page and we will carry out your request (after first verifying your identity).